Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Karaoke - its all wrong

I have to admit it's been along time since I've really considered nursery rhymes but I think even with my liking for a beer or two I can remember the words to the now un pc Baa Baa Black Sheep.

So, when at karaoke last Friday night (with clients, don't ask!) I saw the infamous tune I figured it had my name all over it. Unfortunately when the words came up I was a little thrown:

Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool? (all good so far)

Yes sir, yes sir three bags full. (still sticking to the script)

One for my master and one for my dame, (sounds something like)

but non for the little boy that cries down the lane! (NNNNnnnoooooo….!!!!!)

Now surely this is wrong! other than the minor point that its a bit cruel to have a little boy crying there's the mathematics that put it clearly on the wrong side of right.

“Three bags full” Baa Baa clearly says but then after giving one to Baa Baa's master and another to the dame there is non for the little boy (who I seem to remember "lives down the lane").

Three minus one generally equals two, less one more and you still have a remainder of one not none so unless either master or dame are just being plain old nasty we can stop the little boys blubbering and give him one right!

I’ve long hated karaoke (especially on Friday nights with clients) but this is the final nail.


Comments:
I can think of nobody else that can nitpick a nursery rhyme and use THAT as your excuse to hate karaoke. Maybe next time you can try a nice death metal song to karaoke to...I hear Asian clients are way into death metal.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?